Would you believe it, a Lancashire wedding sunset is better than OZ! Jenna and Michael home from Australia to be married with friends and family at Stanley House wedding venue in Lancashire.
1. How did you two meet? – you may laugh but I could not tel you as I don’t know, our families have known each other for years. However we had our first kiss at one of my best friends 18th birthday in Blackpool many years ago :-).
2. Where did you get married and why this venue? – We our originally from Skelmersdale Lancashire but now live in Australia so finding a wedding venue close so we could celebrate with all our friends and family was super important. We got married at Stanley House wedding venue in Lancashire, my sister in law actually found the venue for us, we were visiting home from Australia for one of my best friends weddings and I had planned to pick the wedding venue during are trip home, however after looking at over 20 different venues I was beginning to loose hope. When we visited Stanley House and it just had something, the drive up through the gates is spectacular, and the entrance just makes an initial statement, I also wished to have views and an area for guests to be able to sit outside if we could be blessed with a bit of sunshine, which we were 🙂 and I wanted high ceiling so it didn’t feel like a conference room and Stanley house ticked all the boxes. Sorry if that’s a bit long winded.
3. What dress did you wear for the big day?– I feel in love with my wedding dress from Society brides, a bridal shop in Liverpool, it was the first dress I had ever tried on and new straight away it was the one, it was a Sophia Tolli dress.
4. Best memories from the day?– It was the best day of my life, I can not even begin to put into words how I felt as nothing would do it justice, my Mum made my dream wedding come true organising it back home in England and Emailing and Skyping me in Australia, she was absolutely amazing, she thought of everything right down to the final detail and made everything possible. With regards to special moments, my dad’s speech and personalised slideshow really stand’s out, I still watch it now every time I’m missing home, it was the only point throughout the day that I cried as it truly hit home for me when watching it and watching other guests reactions to it how much LOVE was in that one room.
5. Any tips to future brides? YES! just enjoy every single second, I had a moment just after I had my make up done, I had been feeling a little stressed but something happened about an hour before our ceremony I felt this moment of calm and all the little things I had worried about just didn’t seem to matter, because at the end of the day, I was just about to marry my best friend and love of my life and from that moment whatever else happened would be how it was ment to be, so just remember at the end of the day as long as the day ends with you marrying the person you love then that’s all that matters.
6. Thoughts on Wes Simpson Photography? I absolutely I could not recommend Wes highly enough. It was a big deal choosing a wedding photographer from half way around the world, deep down I know I was always going to choose Wes to photograph my wedding anyway as he’s photographed so many of my friends weddings over the years, but after we sent a few emails and Skype’d I know there wasn’t going to be anyone else that could tell my story and capture those special memories for me. As I live so far away from my friends and family, I didn’t want posed stiff wedding photos, I wanted a record of the day, I need my wedding pictures to trigger memories years down the line and that’s exactly what Wes’s work does, it helps bring your memories back to life.
Jenna Cole 14/06/15
Wedding photographer: Wes Simpson.
Words by the bride, Jenna Cole.
Wedding Venue: Stanley House in Lancashire.